Visitors to the exhibit will find themselves surrounded by everyone’s favorite blue engine Thomas, his engine friends and the Island of Sodor’s iconic locations: Knapford Station, Sodor Steamworks and much more. In the exhibit, children help Thomas and his friends solve a variety of challenges, from a simple sorting and shape identification activity to more complex engineering obstacles, such as completing a train track using track pieces with different levels of elevation. As children confront new challenges and test their abilities, the smiling faces of Thomas, Percy, Sir Topham Hatt, and others are there to offer encouragement and remind children how “Really Useful” we all are.
1. Climb inside Thomas’ cab to explore the engine’s inner workings
2. Flip levers to trigger train noises such as braking and whistles
3. Fix Percy’s wobbly wheel by removing and replacing parts
4. Explore the favorite Island of Sodor destinations including: Tidmouth Sheds, Brendam Docks and the Sodor Search & Rescue Station on an over-sized Thomas Wooden Railway train table.
5. Get Percy moving by loading coal into his coal box
6. Suit up as the conductor and sell tickets to ride the train
7. Load luggage, livestock and other freight into train cars
8. Explore the evolution of Thomas & Friends through books, TV show clips and toys